Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What is one more week?

That is the question Dan came home asking last night. What is one more week without our furniture? I didn't mind the question the first time it was asked, which was at the end of September, by the way, when we thought our container was due in October 5th. Since then it has been delayed by a week - 3 more times. Meaning that our furniture that left Vermont August 23rd, will, at the earliest, get here October 24th. Maybe it is just me, but does that seem a little ridiculous to anyone else out there? At least if I had been given that date from the beginning I could have prepared myself for it...but this game they are playing just seems a little cruel.

Hopefully no one out there is as depressed as I am by this most recent development. But in case you are, here is a photo Dan took last night that might amuse you and help lift your spirits. I was tired of sitting on the hard plastic lawn chairs we have been using, so came up with a more comfortable way to watch TV in our empty living room. I was also feeling a little under the weather, and I guess I was a little more tired than I thought. Luckily Tazzy is very tolerant...I think she stayed there for over an hour.

No comments: