Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I guess this blog is good for something

So while we had many requests to start a blog to keep people updated on our lives over here, mostly we were thinking "what do we get out of it?" Of course there is the obvious benefit of not having to type up individual e-mails of the same stories several times (sorry everyone, I am not original enough to write unique stories to each of you). But little did I expect that the blog would actually pay off after my very first post (the one where I whinged about the yogurt containers that only had a couple of bites of yogurt in each one...and FYI, I have since even done the conversion, 125 grams is just around 4 ounces). No sooner had the notification of the blog address gone out then I received an e-mail with links for several different yogurt makers and an offer to purchase one for me for Christmas (thanks mom!!) I didn't even know such a thing existed, and now it will allow me to flavor it with the maple syrup we imported from Vermont (it is supposed to be for gifts...but we don't even know 24 people yet, so I guess I can spare a few for our own use).

Well, I guess what I am trying to say is...between that and all of the lovely e-mails I have been getting from everyone, you guys have made it all worth it, aw shucks.

No comments: