Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What I did with my weekend vacation...

I had forgotten the freedom of life before baby, but this weekend I caught a glimpse of it again as Dan and Amelia were off to France to visit his parents. Truly amazing both how much and how little you can do without a toddler around. Here is a smattering of what I was able to do with all of my new found time:
  • Went furniture shopping for a toddler bed for Amelia, couldn't find anything I liked, so gave up and...
  • Planned and built a toddler bed for Amelia (just need Dan to paint it, no fumes allowed for me)
  • Went to the market and bought lovely organic blueberries, strawberries, rasberries and lots of veggies

  • Spent some quality time with our original kids, who have been feeling a bit neglected lately

  • Sat on the couch and read a magazine
  • Finished a project for work
  • Took a ridiculously long shower
  • Watched some soccer and a really bad movie on TV
  • Bought and installed a bell on Amelia's tricyle

  • Started organizing the office
  • Baked muffins

  • Wrote a Blog :)
  • Slept all night long and didn't wake up until I was ready!

There must be more I've left out, but it was a great blend of productivity and relaxation, and I'm feeling very refreshed. I was really looking forward to seeing Dan and Amelia when they got home yesterday afternoon, and got to have a picnic in the park while watching Portugal on the big screen. Of course the 7-0 win was a nice bonus, too! Here is Amelia's victory dance:

No comments: