Sunday, March 23, 2008

I even get my own parking spot!

Portugal is known as a very child-friendly culture, and expectant mothers and those with small infants have reserved parking spots at most stores and offices.
So for those of you we haven't been able to tell personally, Dan and I are expecting the first non-furry (we hope) addition to our family, due to arrive around the 2nd of September. Since I haven't made it up to the proportions of the parking spot picture, I am not taking advantage of my special status yet, but I imagine come July and August I will be quite happy to have the option.
Now that I've made it through the first trimester and past the morning (or all day) sickness, I am happy to be able to eat again and get back to most of our normal activities, though my seltzer and lime doesn't look quite as yummy as the martini Dan is drinking while I write this. We are hoping to find out if we are having a boy or a girl sometime soon, and we are also in an ongoing discussion about whether we will have the baby here or back in the States, some pros and cons to both options, and lots of things to think about. So our lives will be changing in some major ways soon, though neither of us really knows what to expect yet! We will keep you all informed with any important developments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Katrin,
Love the picture of the parking spot, much more fun that the US signs. How fun! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

xoxoxo
Hil

Heather said...

What great news! Congratulations! I love the sign, very cool.